2018 Winnebago Football
TRADITION STARTS HERE! Winnebago Park District offers Flag and Tackle Football. 2018 season will consist of 4 Flag Teams, 8th grade Tackle Team and three 7 on 7 teams.
Flag Football is played on the Jr. Tackle Field on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Ages are K- 3rd grade.
7 on 7 Football
Game Schedule will be as follows: August 25, September 1, September 8, September 15. Possibly September 22.
Practices will be held Tuesday - Thursday starting August 7 from 5:30 - 7 p.m.
Jr. Tackle Football
Winnebago Junior Tackle Football (WJTF) is beginning its 16th season. This year all teams will be competing in the BIG 14 Conference.
- 5th Grade (11yrs max)
- 6th Grade (12yrs max)
- 7th Grade (13yrs max)
- 8th Grade (14yrs max) on file for four years.
- Birthday Cut Off is August 1st. Players must be of team age up to Aug. 1st.
- A copy of the players Birth Certificate shall be submitted at registration. Birth Certificate will be kept on file for four years.
Registration Fee: $125 In-District player. $135 Out of District player. Registration is still open! Must register by June 1 to guarantee a jersey by the first game.
- Register online at https://winnebagoparkdistrict.org/product/jr-tackle-football-2/
- Make checks payable to: Winnebago Park District
- Mail to: Winnebago Park District P.O. Box 516, Winnebago, IL 61088
- Drop off: Winnebago Park District Office 301 N. Church St. (drop box available for your convenience)
- Registration Deadline: Always open but to guarantee a jersey for new players deadline to order is June 1, 2018.
GAME JERSEY FITTING
- All new players and players entering 7th grade will receive a personalized game jersey to keep. All other players are required to use previously issued game jersey.
- All new players and players entering 7th grade to guarantee a jersey for the first game must be signed up and paid for by June 1.
- Equipment will be handed out at the Football Shed behind Jean McNair School.
- All players must attend one of the two equipment hand-outs dates.
- Helmets, shoulder pads pants will be supplied.
- All equipment is the property of Winnebago Junior Tackle Football and must be returned at the end of the season.
- Any person returning equipment in poor condition, or fail to return equipment, must pay replacement costs.
- Replacement costs can be found on the Winnebago Park District website.
- All practices are held on the fields east of Jean McNair School.
- Practice starts Monday, July 23
- Practices will be held Monday through Friday from 5 – 7 p.m. prior to the 1st game.
- Practices will he held Tuesday through Thursday from 5 – 7 p.m. after the 1st game.
- Players should wear shoes, t-shirt, shorts and helmet to their first three (3) practices.
- All players must participate in at least ten (10) practices before they are eligible to play in games.
No Fundraising this year.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING
- All parents will be required to attend the Mandatory Parent Meeting before their child is allowed to participate in any practices and/or games.
- Location, date and time to be determined.
MANDATORY PARENT VOLUNTEER
- All parents will be required to volunteer for at least 2 spots on the Volunteer List.
- Child/children will not be allowed to play in one (1) game if a parent fails to volunteer.
- Please “Like” this page.
- Important information will be posted on a regular basis.