TRADITION STARTS HERE! Winnebago Park District offers Flag and Tackle Football.
Flag is a great way to learn the game of Football. This will be an instructional program to teach the basics of football in clinic format. Players will work on drill and games that involve skills such as throwing, receiving, kicking and deflagging. Games to show off their skills. Sessions held at the Winnebago Sports Park on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning in July. Participants will receive a shirt, a medal and flags to keep.
Kindergarten- 1st grade & 2nd -4th grade. Division format will depend on number of participants.
Practice & Game Day times will be Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:45 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. 2-3 practices prior to games. Practices will start mid July. Size of teams is determined by number of participants and coaches.
Approx 6 games then a Championship Game. Days and Times TBD for Championship game.
Deadline: Wednesday, June 26
$50 for WPD District Resident
Flag Game Schedule TBD
7 on 7 Football
7 on 7 is a great way to learn the game of Football. This will be an instructional program for 4th – 6th grade players to teach the basics of football in clinic format. Players will work on drill and games that involve skills such as throwing, receiving, passing and blocking. 7 on 7 is non-contact. Players will receive a jersey and a helmet for the season. Practices will be Tuesday – Thursday fro 5 -7 p.m. in the Sports Park. Games will be held on Saturdays in the park on the Jr. Tackle Field. Times TBD.
Jr. Tackle Football
Winnebago Junior Tackle Football (WJTF) is beginning its 17th season. This year all teams will be competing in the BIG 14 Conference.
- 5th Grade (11yrs max)
- 6th Grade (12yrs max)
- 7th Grade (13yrs max)
- 8th Grade (14yrs max) on file for four years.
- Birthday Cut Off is August 1st. Players must be of team age up to Aug. 1st.
- A copy of the players Birth Certificate shall be submitted at registration. Birth Certificate will be kept on file for four years.
Registration Fee: $125 In-District player. $135 Out of District player. Registration is still open! Must register by July 1 to guarantee a jersey by the first game.
- Register online at https://winnebagoparkdistrict.org/product/jr-tackle-football-2/
- Make checks payable to: Winnebago Park District
- Mail to: Winnebago Park District P.O. Box 516, Winnebago, IL 61088
- Drop off: Winnebago Park District Office 301 N. Church St. (drop box available for your convenience)
- Registration Deadline: Always open but to guarantee a jersey for new players deadline to order is July 1
GAME JERSEY FITTING
- All players will receive a personalized game jersey to keep. All other players are required to use previously issued game jersey.
- All to be guaranteed a jersey for the first game players must be signed up and paid for by July 1
- Equipment will be handed out at the Football Shed behind Jean McNair School.
- All players must attend the equipment hand-out.
- Helmets, shoulder pads pants will be supplied.
- All equipment is the property of Winnebago Junior Tackle Football and must be returned at the end of the season.
- Any person returning equipment in poor condition, or fail to return equipment, must pay replacement costs.
- Replacement costs can be found on the Winnebago Park District website.
- All practices are held on the fields east of Jean McNair School.
- Practice starts Monday, July 22
- Practices will be held Monday through Friday from 5 – 7 p.m. prior to the 1st game.
- Practices will he held Tuesday through Thursday from 5 – 7 p.m. after the 1st game.
- Players should wear shoes, t-shirt, shorts and helmet to their first three (3) practices.
- All players must participate in at least ten (10) practices before they are eligible to play in games.
More Information to come.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING
- All parents will be required to attend the Mandatory Parent Meeting before their child is allowed to participate in any practices and/or games.
- Location, date and time to be determined.
MANDATORY PARENT VOLUNTEER
- All parents will be required to volunteer for at least 2 spots on the Volunteer List.
- Child/children will not be allowed to play in one (1) game if a parent fails to volunteer.
- Please “Like” this page.
- Important information will be posted on a regular basis.