2018 Winnebago Jr. Tackle Football
Winnebago Junior Tackle Football (WJTF) is beginning its 16th season. This year all teams will be competing in the BIG 14 Conference. TRADITION STARTS HERE!
- 5th Grade (11yrs max)
- 6th Grade (12yrs max)
- 7th Grade (13yrs max)
- 8th Grade (14yrs max) on file for four years.
- Birthday Cut Off is August 1st. Players must be of team age up to Aug. 1st.
- A copy of the players Birth Certificate shall be submitted at registration. Birth Certificate will be kept on file for four years.
Registration Fee: $125 In-District player. $135 Out of District player. Registration is still open! Must register by June 1 to guarantee a jersey by the first game.
- Register online at https://winnebagoparkdistrict.org/product/jr-tackle-football-2/
- Make checks payable to: Winnebago Park District
- Mail to: Winnebago Park District P.O. Box 516, Winnebago, IL 61088
- Drop off: Winnebago Park District Office 301 N. Church St. (drop box available for your convenience)
- Registration Deadline: Always open but to guarantee a jersey for new players deadline to order is June 1, 2017.
GAME JERSEY FITTING
- All new players and players entering 7th grade will receive a personalized game jersey to keep. All other players are required to use previously issued game jersey.
- All new players and players entering 7th grade to guarantee a jersey for the first game must be signed up and paid for by June 1.
- Equipment will be handed out at the Football Shed behind Jean McNair School.
- All players must attend one of the two equipment hand-outs dates.
- Sunday, July 15 from 5 – 7 p.m. and
- Helmets, shoulder pads pants will be supplied.
- All equipment is the property of Winnebago Junior Tackle Football and must be returned at the end of the season.
- Any person returning equipment in poor condition, or fail to return equipment, must pay replacement costs.
- Replacement costs can be found on the Winnebago Park District website.
- All practices are held on the fields east of Jean McNair School.
- Practice starts Monday, July 23
- Practices will be held Monday through Friday from 5 – 7 p.m. prior to the 1st game.
- Practices will he held Tuesday through Thursday from 5 – 7 p.m. after the 1st game.
- Players should wear shoes, t-shirt, shorts and helmet to their first three (3) practices.
- All players must participate in at least ten (10) practices before they are eligible to play in games.
Little Caesars Pizza Kits. Fundraising information will be handed out at equipment hand out. Each player is encouraged to sell 20 kits. No upfront fees! Just go out and sell the kits. More information to follow.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING
- All parents will be required to attend the Mandatory Parent Meeting before their child is allowed to participate in any practices and/or games.
- Location, date and time to be determined.
MANDATORY PARENT VOLUNTEER
- All parents will be required to volunteer for at least 2 spots on the Volunteer List.
- Child/children will not be allowed to play in one (1) game if a parent fails to volunteer.
- Please “Like” this page.
- Important information will be posted on a regular basis.