The Winnebago Park District hires seasonal employees to help with maintenance of the Sports Park along with supervising programs throughout the year. The Winnebago Park District does not currently have any open positions for seasonal employment.
May 18, 2021
Winnebago Park District Program Coordinator
Position Summary: With the guidance of the Director, the program coordinator responsibilities include but not limited to: coordinating, maintain, and supervising Winnebago Park District Programs. The position is seasonal with varied hours. Days, evenings, and some weekends. Candidates must be able to work independently but also with the Park District Director, participants, coaches, volunteers, and parents. Ability to communicate verbally one-on-one and in groups, ability to solve problems, understand and remember. Also must be able to problem solve in a variety of situations. The Winnebago Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Summary of Duties:
- Complete, record and collect registration forms and payments correctly.
- Put rosters/teams together and determine structure of the program that best fits the well-being of participants and the program.
- Schedule and maintain programs per WPD policy.
- Responsible for promoting programs via email, fliers, and social media.
- Uses effective and positive communication with program participants, coaches, parents/guardians, and external agencies.
- Create and determine program structures (based on program assignment) and/or placement of teams into appropriate divisions.
- Recruit volunteer coaches.
- Prepares program information for distribution prior to the start of the season.
- Organizes and conducts coach and parent meetings for programs.
- Responsible for start to finish fulfillment of Park District programs, activities, and events inside and outside on the park. This includes initial set-up, supervision of ongoing activities, and disassembly when necessary, upon program completion.
- Enforces all rules, regulations and policies set up by the Winnebago Park District.
- Assists and makes recommendations to the Director for developing quality programs.
- Meets, greets, and communicates with parents/guardians on as needed basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- 18 years of age
- A strong knowledge of program sports (soccer, flag football, baseball, football, cheerleading, basketball) their rules and equipment.
- Experience coordinating/scheduling athletic leagues a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Hours are varied but approximately 15-20 and are seasonal but not limited to Monday – Saturday(8am – noon)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently under stressful conditions, including situations involving program participants, staff conflicts, and dissatisfied customers.
- First Aid, CPR and AED training (can be obtained through WPD).