Flag is a great way to learn the game of Football. This will be an instructional program to teach the basics of football in clinic format. Players will work on drill and games that involve skills such as throwing, receiving, kicking and deflagging. Games to show off their skills. Sessions held at the Winnebago Sports Park on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning in July. Participants will receive a shirt and flags to keep. Kindergarten- 1st grade & 2nd -4th grade. Division format will depend on number of participants. Practice & Game Day times will be Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:45 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. 2-3 practices prior to games. Practices will start mid July. Size of teams is determined by number of participants and coaches. Approx 6 games then a Championship Game. Days and Times TBD for Championship game.
Deadline: Friday, July 9 $50 for WPD District Resident;$60 out of WPD District
- Equipment will be handed out at the Football Shed behind Jean McNair School. Sunday, July 18
from 5-7 p.m.
- All equipment is the property of Winnebago Junior Tackle Football and must be returned at the
end of the season.
- Any person returning equipment in poor condition, or fail to return equipment, must pay
- Practice starts Monday, July 26. All practices are held on the fields east of Jean McNair School.
- Practices will be held Monday through Friday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. prior to the 1st
- Practice will be held Monday through Thursday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. after the 1st
- Players should wear shoes, t-shirt, shorts and helmet to their first three (3) practices.
- All players must participate in at least ten (10) practices before they are eligible to play in their first game.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING
- All parents will be required to attend the Mandatory Parent Meeting before their child is allowed to participate in any practices and/or games.
- Mandatory Parent meeting Monday, July 26 at 5 p.m. or Tuesday, July 27 @ 7 p.m. at Football Shed.
- All parents will be required to volunteer for at least 2 spots on the Volunteer List.
- Child/children will not be allowed to play in one (1) game if a parent fails to volunteer.
Questions contact Greg Carlson – Jr. Tackle Program Head Coach 815.218.4937
Jr. Tackle Coaching Staff